Basic Blueberry Buckle
The Basic Blueberry Buckle is a classic dessert recipe that is in between a cake and a crumble. It is full of delicious fruit but still has the buttery, richness of a delectable dessert.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (half a stick)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- grated rind from one lemon
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For topping, combine butter, flour, sugar and cinnamon until crumbly. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar, add the egg and the lemon rind. Add the flour mixture and the milk alternately.
- The dough will be very stiff and you may have to add a little more milk. Stir in the blueberries.
- Spread the batter into the prepared, buttered pan, either one 13" x 9" or two 8" x 8", sprinkle with the topping and bake in pre-heated.
- Bake in the middle rack for about 30 to 35 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting wooden toothpick in the middle. When done, toothpick will come out dry. Freezes well.