Baked Pear Bread Pudding
This is a delicious dish that you will love to make because it's easy and it will please the whole family. Baked pear bread pudding is great for a dessert. Give this easy pear recipe a try today!
Cooking Time40 min
- 1/2 large loaf French bread
- 1 1/2 cup lowfat (2%) milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups chopped peeled pears
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Remove bread crusts; tear bread into 1-inch pieces to make 6 cups.
- In bowl, combine milk, granulated sugar and almond extract; stir in bread and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in pears and eggs.
- Grease 8-inch square baking dish with butter; pour in mixture and press with spoon to level.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and almonds; broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar melts.