Aunt Bea's Bumbleberry Crisp
Nothing beats easy to make dessert recipes, especially those passed down from generation to generation. This recipe for my Aunt Bea's Bumbleberry Crisp was always a favorite in our house; now it can be a favorite in yours too!
Cooking Time1 hr
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced peeled apples
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamom, and nutmeg. Stir in butter. Press 1/2 of the mixture into a greased 9" square cake pan.
- In small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Whish in water and rind until smooth.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to med-low and cook 5 min or until thickened and clear, whisking constantly.
- Toss together fruit. Arrange over base. Pour sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining flour mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 min or until fruit is tender and topping is golden. Serve warm.
Read NextBuckeye Balls