Apple Slice Bake
This Apple Slice Bake is like an apple crunchy cake with cornflakes. It is sweet, butter and delicious!
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time40 min
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lard or shortening plus 1 spoonful
- 1 egg, separated
- 2/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 5 peeled sliced apples
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift together the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt.
- Cut in lard with a pastry blender; put egg yolk in a measuring cup.
- Add milk enough to make 2/3 cup. Add to lard mixture.
- Mix the dough just enough to shape into a ball. Roll out half of dough to a 15 x 11-inch rectangle.
- Transfer to baking sheet; cover with cornflakes crumbs and then the apple slices.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over the apples and pinch ends together.
- Beat egg white until stiff; spread over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes. While hot, drizzle with a glaze of 1 cup confectioners sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
Read NextBuckeye Balls