Apple Raisin Crumble
Apple Raisin Crumble is a tasty, healthy dessert that is delicious served warm or cold. Healthy dessert recipes never make you feel guilty for enjoying them so much. Eat as much as you'd like. You deserve it.
- 8 medium apples unpeeled, chopped into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon canilla extract
- 1 tablespoon conrstarch
- 12 gingersnap cookies
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine apples, raisins, 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar, vanilla extract and cornstarch, toss gently, yet thoroughly until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Place in a 11 x 7-inch (28 x 18-cm) baking dish and set aside.
- Place gingersnaps in small plastic resealable bag. Using back of spoon or meat mallet, crush cookies to coarse texture.
- Place in small mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients, except syrup. Stir to blend thoroughly and sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes or until fruit is bubbly.
- Remove from heat, drizzle syrup evenly over all and let stand 10 minutes to absorb flavors. Store cooled leftovers covered with plastic wrap in refrigerator up to two days.
Read NextBuckeye Balls