This isn't your average lasagna recipe. It won't fill up your belly's during dinner because it's not a dinner meal, it's desert. It sounds crazy, but adding apples and sweets is a new creation you should be sure to try.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 20-ounce cans apple pie filling
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, white sugar, and almond extract in a medium bowl.
- Blend well.
- Spread one can apple pie filling over the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Layer with 1/2 of the noodles, and then the cheese mixture.
- Layer again with remaining noodles, and the second can of pie filling.
- Combine flour, 6 tablespoons brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Cut in butter or margarine until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare garnish by blending sour cream and 1/3 cup brown sugar in small bowl until smooth.
- Cover, and refrigerate.
- Serve warm apple lasagna with sour cream garnish.
Read NextCreamy Apple Pie Lasagna