Amaretti and Almond Torte
This delicious and decadent desserts recipe is a cake that lingers in your memory. This sweet dessert is a tasty treat and a crowd favorite. Rosemary adds a distinct savory flavor to the recipe.
- 1/2 pint double cream
- 4 large rosemary sprigs
- 9 ounces amaretti biscuits
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 18 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 ounce superfine sugar
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 7 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Almonds, roughly chopped and toasted
- Pistachio halves
- Icing sugar
- Amaretto liqueur
- In a small pan, bring the cream and 3 rosemary sprigs to the boil, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- In a food processor or blender, grind the biscuits until they form fine crumbs, or put the biscuits in a freezer bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin; reserve five tablespoons of the crumbs.
- Mix the rest with the butter, then press the mixture into the base of a 9-inch spring-release or loose-bottomed round cake tin and chill.
- In a bowl, beat the mascarpone with the sugar, lemon rind, lemon juice, and almond extract until smooth and creamy. Remove the rosemary from the cream and discard.
- Add the cream, yogurt and reserved crumbs to the mascarpone. Beat into soft peaks, then spoon into the tin and swirl evenly over the base with a spoon. Chill overnight until firm.
- To serve, cut into slices and place one in the centre of each serving plate. Decorate with remaining rosemary sprigs and a few almonds and pistachios, dust lightly with icing sugar, and spoon over some Amaretto.
Read NextCozy Applesauce Walnut Cake Recipe