Almond Pumpkin Charlotte
This is a rich decadent desserts recipe that all will love. This might be one the most flavorful pumpkin cake recipes you have ever tried. Ladyfinger cookies and whipped cream makes this a visually appealing dessert recipe too.
Did you enjoy this recipe? It was featured in 20 of Our Best Pumpkin & Halloween Recipes, check it out for more seasonal recipe fun!
To check out more perfect pumpkin recipes, see our collection here.
See this recipe and more in 55 Awesome Pumpkin Recipes.
- 30 single ladyfingers cookies
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped with 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- Additional whipped cream for topping
- Trim off tip end of the ladyfingers to fit the height of an 8-inch springform pan. Stand ladyfingers in the pan with curved side against the side of pan. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine gelatin, milk, rum, egg yolks, reserve whites for later, and 1/3 cup of sugar. Stir over low heat to make a soft custard, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pumpkin, orange peel and spices. Set aside. In another bowl, beat egg white until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in remaining sugar. Gently fold egg white mixture and whipped cream alternatively into pumpkin mixture. Fold in almonds.
- Turn into the prepared Ladyfinger-lined pan. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 6 hours or up to 3 days. When ready to serve, remove springform. Pipe rosettes of whipped cream around edges of dessert.
Read NextStrawberry Pretzel Salad