Tasty Mexican Cole Slaw
This coleslaw recipe hopped the border and picked up some flavor that most coleslaw recipes just don't have. Sour cream, green pepper and Tabasco sauce gives this average coleslaw recipe a kick of Mexican deliciousness.
- 3 Tbsp. sour cream, reduced fat
- 1 lb. cabbage, sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tsps. sugar
- 1/4 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce, or hot sauce
Stir together sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt and Tabasco sauce in small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 to 2 days. Place cabbage, onion, pepper and carrot in plastic storage bag. Seal. Refrigerate 1 to 2 days. Before serving, combine sour cream mixture and cabbage mixture in large bowl. Serve cold. Makes 4 servings.