Not Your Average Cole Slaw
Worcestershire sauce, Louisiana hot sauce and Louisiana hot sauce in a cole slaw recipe? Yup. Delicious? You bet! This new take on your classic cole slaw recipe is a really refreshing version of cole slaw. Not Your Average Cole Slaw has a name that says it all.
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- juice of one lemon
- salt, to taste
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 medium onion, shredded
- 1 large cabbage, shredded
- Put mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl large enough to hold complete mixture, but shaped so that the mixture can be beaten with a fork.
- Beat mayonnaise and mustard until combined.
- Add olive oil slowly, beating all the time.
- Beat until mixture has returned to the thickness of original mayonnaise.
- Add Louisiana hot sauce, continuing to beat and then add ketchup and keep beating.
- Add salt and garlic salt, beating all the time. Add wine vinegar (this will thin the sauce down). Beat this thoroughly, adding the lemon juice as you do so.
- Taste for salt and pepper; place shredded cabbage, peppers, and onions in a large salad bowl.
- Pour sauce over and toss well. This should be done about an hour before serving.