Coleslaw for a Group
Having a grad party or other summer event where you need a whole lot of coleslaw? This coleslaw for a group recipe could easily and effectively satisfy your need for a cabbage cole slaw recipe that serves over 20 people.
- You will need a large bowl that can be tightly covered.
- 3 cabbages with tight leaves and firm head
- 1 (or more) medium onion
- 3 to 4 large carrots
- 1 to 2 large green peppers, optional
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Shred the cabbage and dice the onion, carrot and pepper.
- Put about half the vegetables into the bowl and mix with half of the sugar.
- Put the remainder of the vegetables into the bowl and mix with the remaining sugar, then set aside.
- Mix the salad oil, vinegar, celery seed and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a hard or rolling boil; pour hot liquid over vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Put the lid on the bowl and store in the refrigerator for 24 hours or so.
Read NextAmish Broccoli Salad