Chinese Chicken Cole Slaw
Add protein and a Chinese spin on a classic American side dish and you get this tasty Chinese chicken coleslaw recipe. With the chicken and added flavor, this dish can easily be made into a main course.
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- (3-4 tablespoons) toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1 Top Ramen noodles, crushed
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Layer cabbage, celery, green onions and chicken; set aside.
- Add toasted sesame seeds, toasted almonds and Top Ramen noodles just before adding dressing.
- Toss and serve immediately for best flavor and "crunch".
- To toast almonds and sesame seeds, bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes in a single layer on a cookie sheet.