Al's Cole Slaw
Al makes his cole slaw with passion and it shows in his original recipe. Al's Cole Slaw is sure to be a hit at your next party or barbecue. His sweet coleslaw recipe calls for all natural ingredients, no mayonnaise and just 3/4 cup of oil.
- 1 large head cabbage, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- pinch Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Chop cabbage and cover with diced onion, green pepper and carrot.
- Sprinkle with sugar and salt.
- In small pan, bring to a boil the remaining ingredients.
- Cool slightly then pour over the vegetables. Do not stir.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. Stir and serve.