Creme Fraiche (french Heavy or Double Creme)
- Allow American heavy cream and a tiny amount of buttermilk to stand
- at room temperature until the cream thickens. Use 1 tsp. buttermilk
- for each cup of cream. Heat it in a saucepan until it is lukewarm
- (85 degrees F), pour it into a glass container and let stand until
- thickened. Room should not be below 60 or above 85 degrees. Stores
- in refrigerator for about a week.
Read NextHomemade Velveeta
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.