Tangy Meatloaf with Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce
Tangy Meatloaf With Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce is a delicious spin on a traditional meatloaf recipe. This slow cooked dinner is easy to make and beats eating out in a restaurant any day of the week.
For more yummy meatloaf recipes, be sure to download our free eCookbook, 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes.
Cooking Time9 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 8 ounces container onion sour cream dip
- 2 1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce (recipe below)
- In large bowl combine the eggs, 1/2 cup of the onion sour cream dip, the bread crumbs, celery, onion, pimento, dill weed, salt and pepper; mix well. Blend in the ground beef and pork.
- In slow cooker, crisscross two 15" x 2" strips of foil (use heavy duty or double thickness of regular ), across the bottom and up the sides. Place the meat mixture atop the foil strips, pressing lightly to form a round loaf that doesn't touch the sides of the pot.
- Cover; cook on low heat 8-9 hours. Lift out the meatloaf, using the foil handles; drain off excess fat. Serve with Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce (recipe below).
Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce:
- In saucepan, combine remaining 1/2 cup of onion sour cream dip and cream of mushroom soup.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.