Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts
This easy slow cooker chicken recipe is a great way to make delicious chicken breasts without any effort. Serve these with rice, noodles and a salad for a perfectly balanced meal.
For more delicious slow cooker meal ideas, be sure to check out our free downloadable 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers eCookbook.
If you like this chicken breast recipe, be sure to check out our full collection of 27 Tempting Chicken Breast Recipes
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 5 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large baking potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cans reduced fat cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or garlic salt
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms, drained
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry; place in slow cooker. Add onion and potatoes.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and heat until smooth and hot. Pour over chicken breasts. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jul 20, 2013
This was very good. Thanks for the post. I didn't have sherry, so I did substitute. I am sure the sherry would have given it that extra depth of flavor. I served this with crusty bread and corn on the cob. Loved getting every last bit of sauce with the bread. Highly recommended. :-)
Jun 09, 2012
And it's not even rice
Jun 05, 2012
Why would you serve with rice or noodles when you already have the potatoes in there. That is way to much starch. Other wise it sounds good
Feb 18, 2011
@katwmn1963 7761795 - This sounds great, and so glad to hear that your family loved this fantastic recipe so much! - RecipeLion Editors
Feb 18, 2011
Very tender! Did not have tarragon or sherry, so I used poultry seasoning and chicken broth. My husband had thirds! And, even my daughter and granddaughter loved it!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use