Savory Chicken and Mushrooms
Savory Chicken and Mushrooms is an elegant dish with the finest ingredients. Cooked with burgundy wine and fresh mushrooms, it's flavors are mouthwatering and uniquely excellent. This is one of the better chicken slow cooker recipes. Enjoy.
Cooking Time6 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 chicken breast halves, skinned, fat removed (about 3-1/2 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup red Burgundy wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta
- parsley sprigs, to taste
- In a large slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, carrots, mushrooms and bay leaf. Arrange chicken over vegetables. Sprinkle with thyme, basil, mustard, salt, if desired, and black pepper.
- In a cup, combine wine, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to mix well. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook 1 hour on high. Stir. Reduce heat to low and cook an additional 5-6 hours or until chicken is done.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain well in colander.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into slices and return to sauce. Spoon individual portions of sauce and chicken over pasta.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs if desired.
Read NextSlow Cooked Angel Chicken