Easy Irish Beef Stew
Some of the best slow cooker recipes are the ones that are the easiest. Simply put in all of the ingredients and let the slow cooker work its magic. This hearty stew recipe comes from Jessica at Mad in Crafts and is mouthwatering good.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 pounds beef, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 medium onions, cut into larger pieces
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- small bag of baby carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
Dredge meat with flour. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add meat; cook until browned.
Add the beef to slow cooker. Add in broth, tomatoes and vegetables. Add garlic and salt and pepper. Bring to boil, then turn slowcooker down to low.
Cook for four to five hours until meat is cooked. Stew may be thickened with cornstarch if desired.