Baked Ham with Mustard Glaze
This recipe for slow cooked ham incorporates the classic pairing of mustard and pork and then layers notes of citrus and clove. With simple preparation and hands-free cooking, you can enjoy this dish for both a special occasion or a weekday dinner.
Cooking Time8 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 5 pounds precooked ham, drained
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Score ham in a diamond pattern and stud with cloves. Place in slow cooker.
- Combine brown sugar, mustard, and lemon juice in a small bowl and spoon mixture on ham.
- Cover and cook on High 1 hour, then on Low for 6 to 7 hours until ham is hot.
- Remove ham to warm serving platter.
- Combine orange juice and cornstarch to form a smooth paste. Stir into drippings in slow cooker.
- Cook sauce on High, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened. Spoon sauce over ham.
Read NextSlow Cooker Paradise Chicken