Baked apples are the perfect dessert to make in the slow cooker. The sugar and cinnamon really bring the flavor of the apples out. Serve these with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
I had 6 oz frozen OJ concentrate leftover. I added 2 oz water to this and substituted for the water in the recipe. I cooked for 3 hours (using 6 red delicious apples), and served warm with Cool Whip.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 5 to 6 baking apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Core apples and peel each about 1/4 way down. Arrange in Crock-Pot. Fill centers with raisins. Combine sugar, water, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour over apples.
- Cover and cook on low 2 to 4 hours. Serve warm or cool.