All Day Southwest Ham and Beans
If you have a lot of ham leftovers this nice bean dish is perfect. Simply put the ingredients in the slow cooker and relax. With a hint of spice, this simple slow cooker recipe will be a hit in any household.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- water, to cover beans
- 4 small dried chilies
- 2 medium ham hocks
- In slow-cooking pot, cover pinto beans with water. Soak for about 12 hours.
- Drain water; re-cover with water. Add chilies. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Add ham hocks; cover and cook on low another 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove rind and bone from ham hocks; cut meat into small pieces and return to pot with beans. Mix well.