All Day Slow Cooker Pot Roast
This pot roast is SO delicious, and so easy to make, that you'll want to make it a frequent meal. In our house, we have it probably once a month - it's a family favorite!
Serve with rice and salad.
If you've enjoyed this recipe, then check out many more easy recipes like this one in 75 Favorite Quick and Easy Recipes.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups beer
- Coat beef cubes with 1/2 cup of the flour and brown in melted butter.
- Drain off excess fat.
- In slow cooker, combine browned meat with onion, salt, pepper, garlic and beer.
- Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours (all day) until meat is tender.
- Turn control to high.
- Dissolve remaining 1/4 cup flour in small amount of water.
- Stir into meat mixture, cook on high 30-40 minutes.
Read NextSlow Cooker Bbq Beer Ribs