Terrific Pacific Pot Roast
Add a little sweet and sour to your pot roast with this Terrific Pacific Pot Roast recipe. Using standard flavors from the Pacific region, this slow cooker pot roast has a little heat and a little something sweet!
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 5 pounds chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 whole cloves
- Rub roast with oil and minced garlic. Place meat in glass or stainless steel bowl. Add sherry, soy sauce, ginger, pepper, onions, and cloves. Turn meat to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To cook; remove meat from marinade; set marinade aside. Transfer meat to slow cooker. Add 1/2 cup reserved marinade. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or until fork tender. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Add 1/2 cup more marinade to pan juices. Cook down until reduced and pour into a sauce boat. Serve with meat.
Read NextBest-Ever Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken