Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Garlic
Roast a perfect, moist bird in your slow cooker. This three ingredient slow cooker recipe couldn't be simpler, and in hours you will have a succulent chicken on the table. Serve this tasty treat with mashed potatoes, rice pilaf and your favorite salad.
For more delicious slow cooker meal
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 5 pounds whole roasting chicken
- 8 small sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- Remove excess fat from chicken. Remove giblets from chicken and refrigerate for another use. Rinse and drain chicken.
- Starting at neck cavity, carefully loosen skin from breast with your fingers or knife by gently pushing between the skin and meat. Insert 2 garlic cloves and 2 rosemary sprigs under breast skin at edge of wings. Continue pulling skin and insert 2 rosemary sprigs and 2 garlic pieces under drumstick skin. Make a small slit in skin on each wing. Insert a garlic piece and a rosemary sprig into each. Insert 2 garlic pieces and 2 rosemary sprigs in body cavity.
- Tie legs together and wings close to body. Place chicken, breast side down, in a 4 or 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 or 7 hours or until juices are clear when thick part of chicken is pierced with a knife.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and discard garlic and rosemary. Cut chicken into individual pieces and serve.
Read NextAmazing Slow Cooker Swiss Steak
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Mar 06, 2010
How much water or liquid do you put in this recipe ? Seems to me, you need some liquid !!!!!!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use