Day After Pot Roast
Everything gets better with time...like this Day After Pot Roast. Do all the work a day ahead of time and let it marinate in your fridge before cooking. You could even mix everything in the slow cooker itself to save on time and dish washing!
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 3 pounds lean beef pot roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place pot roast in bowl. Cover with oil, tomato juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, or at least overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove meat from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in large skillet and brown meat on all sides. Place meat in the slow cooker and cover with marinade. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Read NextBest-Ever Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken