Need some birthday cake ideas? Why not give this gold cake recipe a try. It's also a quick and easy slow cooker recipe. Easily make a delicious cake recipe by using a slow cooker. It's one of the best slow cooker recipes.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg or mace
- 6 eggs
1. Set slow cooker at High 20 minutes before beginning.
2. Fit in liner. Butter and flour 8-cup-capacity baking tin. Mix flour, cream of tartar, and salt; set aside.
3. Cream butter, then add sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg. Beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each.
4. Blend in flour mixture; do not over mix. Spread in tin, and put on lid or lay terry towel over it.
5. Put in slow cooker, cover and bake 3 hours or until cake has begun to pull from sides.
6. Uncover. Let stand in tin on cake rack about 10 minutes, then turn out to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar, slice and serve.
7. Two secrets for cake-baking in slow cooker: use less than 1 c sugar for every 2 c flour and use a liner.
Read NextGooey Slow Cooker Monkey Bread