Slow Cooker Honey Wheat Bread
Make light airy wheat bread with your slow cooker with this recipe for whole wheat bread. Whole wheat honey bread recipes are rarely this easy to make, but this quick easy slow cooker recipe is simple and delicious.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 cups dry milk, warm/reconstituted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat slow cooker (3 1/2 or 5 quart) on high 30 minutes.
2. Combine warm, not hot, milk, oil, honey, salt, yeast, and half the flour. With electric mixer, beat well for about 2 minutes. Add remaining flour; mix well.
3. Place dough in well greased Bread 'n Cake pan; cover. Let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Place pan in slow cooker. Cover and bake on high setting for 2 to 3 hours.
5. Remove pan and uncover. Let stand five minutes. Take out of mold and serve warm.
Note: Fresh milk may be used if scalded.