The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
How to Make Chicken Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to know the secrets to chicken salad? Well now you finally can! Learn how to make chicken salad the right way from masters of chicken salad cuisine. We compile all the best tips for chicken salad along with some great recipes to try today!
People are not born with the ability to make amazing food. Like all skills, cooking skills have to be learned. Learning how to make chicken salad is a fantastic ability that will help you throughout your whole life. Everyone loves a good chicken salad recipe, especially during the summer months. Learn some tips to that perfect mix of flavor and feel free to take one of our many chicken salad recipes and start calling it your own.
Table of Contents
- Great chicken salad begins with fresh, well seasoned, moist chicken
- Leftover chicken is also good for chicken salad, but fresh chicken makes for the best flavor
- Poaching chicken makes for very moist chicken salad
- You can poach the chicken with a mix of spices so that you are seasoning as you cook it
- There are many variations of dressing, but the key is fresh ingredients
- If you have crispy ingredients like Chinese noodles or nuts, they should be added at the last minute so they don't get soggy
- Fruits such as peaches or grapes are often added to chicken salad for variation
- To change the flavor, add a spoon of spicy chipolte seasoning or a spoonful of honey
Why start with anything but the best? If you're eager to make a great and easy chicken salad recipe, then try this one right now!
- 4 chicken leg quarters, boiled or roasted, meat removed and cut into chunks
- 1 can (8-ounce) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, parboiled and chilled
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts
- mayonnaise, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl with enough mayonnaise to make it moist.
- Grind in some black pepper and add salt to taste.
If you are looking for a little variety in your chicken salad, try one of these fantastic recipes right here on Recipe Lion! Enjoy!
- Asian Chicken Salad
- BBQ Ranchero Chicken Salad
- Adesh's Chicken Curry Rice Salad
- Artichoke Chicken Salad
- Apple Juice Chicken Salad
- Californian Chicken Salad
- Almond Chicken Salad
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Spicy Chicken Casserole is undeniably delicious for so many reasons. Between your classic chicken casserole aspect, also get a… Continue reading: "Spicy Chicken Casserolevideocam"
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- How to Use Up Eggs: 34 Clever Ideas and Recipes
- How to Reheat a Burrito
- How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist
- How to Boil Perfect Eggs
- How to Make Apple Pie Filling
- How to Make the Best Amish Pie, Plus 18 More Free Amish Recipes
- How To Make a Chipotle-Style Burrito Bowl at Home
- How to Store Cut Onions
- How to Make Sloppy Joes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Blackened Cod with Garlic Yogurt Aioli
- Minced Meat Dumplings
- Custom Boxes With logo from DnPackaging
- Ranch Beans Chili Mac
- Cabbage Salad with Teriyaki Dressing
- Autumn Harvest Pork Stew
- Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes