The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether it's apple-picking season, the holidays, or some other special occasion, there's never a bad time to learn how to make apple pie filling. It comes in handy for all sorts of desserts, obviously including but not limited to, classic apple pie. This basic recipe is super easy to achieve and will make you seem like a pro in the kitchen regardless of your culinary skill level. Made with just 6 ingredients, which are likely already in your pantry, this apple pie filling comes together in just about 10 to 15 minutes.
Cooking Time15 min
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 large apples (of your choice, however, we suggest Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt and nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Now that you know how to make apple pie filling... you'd better make a crust to go with it! Learn more about making pie crust by choosing the right ingredients. What is Shortening?
Melt butter in a large skillet.
Add apples (peeled and diced).
Add white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Simmer and stir until all ingredients are well-combined and the apples begin to soften.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- How to Boil Perfect Eggs
- How to Grill the Perfect Steak
- How to Make Sloppy Joes
- How to Use Up Eggs: 34 Clever Ideas and Recipes
- How To Use Up Lemons: 7 Luscious Lemon Recipes
- Guide to Ground Beef: How to Buy, Store, and Cook Beef
- How To Make a Chipotle-Style Burrito Bowl at Home
- Easy Freezer Cooking Tips and 21 Freezer Meal Ideas
- 21 Crowd-Pleasing Easy Potluck Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Grandma's Magic Custard Cake
- Sunday Beef Pot Roast
- Mutton Kabab
- White Chocolate Cheesecake With Strawberries
- Lemon and Raspberry Cheesecake
- Curd Lamb Curry
- Indian-Spiced Chicken With Chickpea (Kabuli Channa)
- Slow Cooked Chili con Carne
- Keto Cheesecake
- 30 Minute Potato Corn Chowder
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes