Swiss Mocha Cookies
These are my favorite cookies. Mocha with some white chocolate drizzled on the top. You're bound to go sugar crazy when you eat these cookies.
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs softened butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder or a shot of espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 13/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces white chocolate (for the drizzle)
- Melt chocolate and 2 tablespoons butterover low heat, add espresso powder and stir until disolved.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla, let cool to room temperature.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar, add egg, then chocolate.
- Add dry ingredients gently and chill 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and set 3" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with the tines of a fork dipped in sugar (I found that a gravy whisk makes a great rosette -- ed).
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until set and remove immediately to wire racks.
- When cool, drizzle them if you like.
Read Next5 Minute No Bake Cookies