Shimmering Orange Cookies
These Shimmering Orange Cookies are coated in a crunchy sugar that makes them look like they have accumulated frost from the winter chill. Boasting a light citrus flavor, easy orange cookie recipes make excellent gifts and holiday snacks!
- 2 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- granulated sugar to coat
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Cream butter and gradually add sugar.
- Add 1 unbeaten egg, lemon extract, orange extract, grated orange zest, and orange juice and combine thoroughly.
- Blend in dry ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Fold in chopped walnuts (optional).
- Chill 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Drop by teaspoonsful into sugar and roll to coat.
- Place on lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes.
Read NextChocolate Sugar Cookies