Oatmeal and Candy Cookie Pops
These Oatmeal and Candy Cookie Pops are so much fun for kids! This cookie pops recipe makes an exciting cookie on a stick, and the colorful candy coating makes them an adorable addition to any Christmas cookie recipes collection.
Yields 20 cookies.
High Altitude - Above 3500 Feet: Increase flour to 2 cups. Bake as directed.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- 20 flat wooden popsicle sticks
- In large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs; blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats and candy-coated chocolate pieces.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls; insert wooden stick into each ball.
- Place 4 cookies on each greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten ball to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Press additional candy-coated chocolate pieces into top of each cookie (to make faces etc.), if desired.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes, remove from cookie sheets.
Read NextChocolate Sugar Cookies