Chocolate Cherry Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate Cherry Crinkle Cookies are a festive way to celebrate the season. A bright red cherry offsets the snowy white and rich chocolate of the cookie. This Christmas cookie recipes results in a delightful dessert that looks and tastes phenomenal.
Cookies will be crisp first day, brownie-like second day.
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups and 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup powered sugar
- 50 to 60 tart cherry halves and/or almond chunks
- Chop chocolate and melt in top of double boiler until smooth. Cool.
- Combine flour and next five ingredients in medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat 1 3/4 cups sugar and margarine in large bowl until light.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla and chocolate.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Chill dough until firm, about 2 hrs in refrigerator, 1 hr in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place powered sugar in shallow pan.
- Form dough into less than 1 inch balls, and roll each in sugar to lightly coat.
- Arrange cookies on baking sheets, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Press one cherry half or nut into center of each cookie.
- Bake until cookies puff and crack, 12-18 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Read NextChocolate Sugar Cookies