Amish Drop Cookies
There's nothing like a warm and gooey cookie right out of the oven. Amish Drop Cookies taste like they are a gift from the heavens, and are one of the best cookie recipes for the family. Baked with a touch of nutmeg and sprinkled with cinnamon on top, it's a cookie that will have you enjoying bite after bite.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 eggs
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, mix together the butter, oil, white sugar, nutmeg and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
Combine the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Stir into the sugar mixture until just combined.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 1o minutes. Remove from baking sheets and let cool. Can sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top when warm.