Molasses Crinkle Cookies
This soft molasses cookie recipe really hits the spot! Molasses Crinkle Cookies taste just like Christmas, and their ginger cookie smell is so nice. These crinkle cookies also make quick and easy gifts for family and friends.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or more)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In one bowl, combine flour, salt, soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
- In another bowl mix sugar, butter, molasses and egg.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and blend until consistency is even.
- Form into 1-inch balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cookies have "crinkled."
Read NextButtery Sugar Cookies