Austrian Chocolate Balls
This Austrian dessert is a delightful melange of chocolate, nuts, and vanilla. It must be stored in an airtight container, but that shouldn't be a problem because the whole batch will be gone before you know it!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please check out our 50 Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes Free eCookbook
- 2 squares chocolate
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1 square chocolate
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt together chocolate and margerine in medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat stir in sugar, egg and yolk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Shape into 3/4 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-12 minutes.
- Melt 1 square chocolate and margarine.
- Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Dip cookies into glaze to cover.
- Allow to dry completely before storing in tightly covered container with waxed paper in between layers.
Read NextSoft-Baked Cutout Sugar Cookies