Zimsterne Spiced Star Cookies
Here's the ultimate Christmas cookie - a blend of wintry flavors, baked in the shape of a star! Make Zimsterne your family's new holiday favorite Christmas cookie recipe. These spice cookies are stellar!
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream the margarine, honey, sugar and eggs together in a bowl until smooth and fluffy. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the dough into thirds. Flatten each one into a circle 1/2 inch thick. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight until firm.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll out on a lightly-floured surface to 1/8 inch thick. Cut out the dough with a star cookie cutter and place on a lightly-oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Frost if desired.