White Christmas Dream Cookies
The white chocolate chips in these White Christmas Dream Cookies make them a winter dream come true. This white chocolate chip cookies recipe results in cookies that are smooth, rich and best served warm.
Makes 5 dozen.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Lindt Swiss classic white chocolate, broken into chips
- 2 squares (2 oz) white chocolate
- 2 squares (2 oz) semisweet chocolate
- Break white chocolate bar into "chips" by either using a fork or sharp knife.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or use silpat-lined cookie sheets.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in bowl.
- Cream butter and sugars in large mixer bowl at medium-high speed. Beat in egg and orange peel.
- With mixer at low speed, gradually add dry ingredients just until blended. Stir in white chocolate "chips."
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden. Do not over-bake. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Cool cookie sheets between batches by either running hot sheets under cold water or refrigeration, or by alternating with extra sheets. Arrange cookies on sheet of waxed paper.
- Microwave white chocolate squares in a heavy-duty plastic storage bag on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes; gently squeeze/knead until smooth. Repeat process with semisweet chocolate.
- Cut a tiny hole in one corner of white-chocolate bag. Pipe or drizzle lines across tops of cookies, then repeat with semisweet chocolate(drizzle opposite direction to form a lattice shape.
- Let stand until chocolate sets, 30 minutes.
Read Next40+ Best Christmas Baking Recipes