Runaway Gingerbread Men
Run, run as fast as you can, but you wont catch these Runaway Gingerbread Men because your family and friends will eat them! This gingerbread cut out cookies are the perfect palette for your creative genius.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease 3 baking trays.
- Put flour, baking soda and ginger into a medium-sized bowl. Rub together to make crumbs, then stir in the sugar.
- Add syrup and egg and mix to a smoothe dough.
- Roll out to about 1/4 inch thick and use cutter to cut out shapes.
- Press currants, M&MS, or raisins into the dough to make eyes and buttons.
- Bake for about 10-12 min until a slightly darker shade. Cool a little before lifting onto wire racks to cool completely.