Old Fashioned Fruitcake Bars
Fruitcake has a negative connotation, but dont let that deter you from tasting these Old Fashioned Fruitcake Bars. The spices and dried fruits in these Christmas bar cookies make them a unique and colorful way to celebrate a tasty tradition.
3 -4 doz. bars
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 14 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 ounces jar applesauce (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup red candied cherries, chopped
- 3/4 cup green candied cherries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 15 x 10" baking pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat eggs, butter, condensed milk, and vanilla.
- Add applesauce and blend well. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread evenly into pan and bake 35 - 40 min. or until tested done (wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean). Cool in pan on wire rack.
- If desired, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before cutting into bars. Store tightly covered at room temperature.