Christmas Holly Doodles
If you love easy cookie recipes like Snickerdoodles, you will love the festive spin off this delicious classic cookie - Christmas Holly doodles. Enjoy these every year, maybe even leave a plate for Santa.
Cooking Time8 min
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons to 3, red sugar
- 2 tablespoons to 3, green sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and eggs. Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in colored sugar. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet pan and then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.