Christmas Crunch Potato Chip Cookies
Christmas Crunch Potato Chip Cookies combine that salty-sweet sensation of your favorite snack foods. These potato chip cookies may sound strange, but the salt in them really brings out the best flavors of the cookies.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 tablespoons colored sugar (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter or margarine, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, potato chips and chopped walnuts; mix well.
- Form into 1 1/2-inch balls and place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Grease the bottom of a glass that is about 3-inches in diameter. Dip greased glass into sugar and use to flatten each ball.
- Place a nut half into center of each cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet. Cool on wire racks.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.