Christmas Cheer Cherry Bars
Christmas Cheer Cherry Bars have sweet and sour dried cherries studding these chewy bar cookies. This Christmas cookies recipe looks and tastes festive!
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate sundae topping
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- Prepare pastry by blending together the flour and salt.
- Cream together the brown sugar with the butter, egg yolks and vanilla. Blend in the dry ingredients.
- Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Prepare topping by beating the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Blend in the all purpose flour, and sundae topping. Stir in the coconut, cherries and nuts.
- Spread over baked crust and return to oven and bake for an additional 18-20 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Read Next40+ Best Christmas Baking Recipes