30 Minute Chocolate Cake
Whip up the 30 Minute Chocolate Cake in half an hour or less! Mix the ingredients for this chocolate cake recipe all in one saucepan and bake for only 20 minutes while you make the delicious chocolate and nut frosting.
- For Cake:
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 pound confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In saucepan, melt margarine with the cocoa and water, bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and add the sugar, flour, baking soda, eggs, salt and vanilla.
- Mix and pour into greased 13x9x2 inch sheet pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before cake is done, make the frosting by combining the margarine, cocoa, milk, vanilla, and nuts in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add confectioner's sugar.
- Spread over HOT cake as soon as it is removed from oven. Let cool before serving.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Chocolate Cake Recipes"
Chocolate Cake Recipes
Explore this favorite collection of chocolate cake recipes, including ideas for flourless chocolate cake and german chocolate cake recipes.