Cowboy Black Bean Chili
Enjoy a hearty meal with Cowboy Black Bean Chili. Cooked with the seasoning any South-westerner would enjoy this chili will have you ladling up bowl after bowl. Crunch up some crackers and dig in to this simple chili recipe.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 medium onions, chopped coarse
- 2 cans (16-ounces) chopped tomatoes in juice, undrained and chopped coarse
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 2 cans (16-ounces) black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 can tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, (optional)l
- sour cream or nonfat plain yogurt, (optional)
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil (or part oil and part broth) over a medium heat. Add chili powder, paprika, oregano, and cumin. Increase heat to high, stir frequently. Add onion and garlic. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except garnish. Cook on low for one hour (or even all day in a slow cooker/slow cooker).
- Top with some shredded cheese and/or sour cream (or yogurt).