"Unfried" Buttermilk Chicken
The key to any good chicken recipe is a buttermilk sauce! "Unfried" Buttermilk Chicken is an oven baked chicken recipe smothered in a creamy, delicious sauce. The best thing about this dish is it's super easy to make and requires few ingredients! Simply dredge the chicken in flour and bake, then pour the sauce over. The sauce is made of buttermilk, butter, and cream of chicken soup, so this is also a budget-friendly recipe!
Cooking Time1 hr
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- flour, for dredging
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat glass baking dish with all of melted butter. Rinse and flour chicken breasts, then place in dish. Cover with foil, and bake for 40 minutes, flipping after the first 20 minutes of baking time.
- Prepare sauce while the chicken bakes. Combine soup and buttermilk completely, working out lumps with a wire whisk. After the chicken is done baking, flip them over again and pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover with foil again and bake for another 20 minutes. Serve chicken over rice or mashed potatoes.
Read NextLazy Days Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner