Simple Sweet and Sour Chicken
Sweet and sour are a wonderful flavor combination popular in Asian recipes. This unique version includes pineapple for sweetness, and a combination of soy sauce and vinegar for the glaze.
We've rounded up even more delicious chicken dishes in our collection of 23 Cheap and Easy Chicken Recipes:
Cooking Time35 min
- 1 large oven bag
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in rings
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Shake the flour in the oven bag. Place in 13x9 pan.
- Add sugar, vinegar and soy sauce to the bag. Add pineapple and green pepper; add chicken. Turn bag to coat chicken. Arrange in single layer.
- Close the bag with nylon tie; cut 4 holes in the top to release steam. Bake for 35 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Read NextSlow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings