Sausage Stuffed Chicken
Answer the age old question of what's for dinner with one easy word. Chicken! That's right, you'll love this quick and easy chicken recipe because it is just that. Sausage Stuffed Chicken is everything your heart can desire.
- 8 chicken breasts, large
- 1 1/4 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 15 ounces jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup dry Italian bread crumb Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- With a sharp knife, cut a pocket in the thickest part of each breast half; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix sausage, 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce, bread crumbs, oregano, parsley and garlic powder until blended.
- Stuff one-eighth of the mixture into each pocket; secure with a wooden pick.
- Place in a shallow 3-quart baking dish. In a small bowl, mix remaining spaghetti sauce and water. Pour half of the mixture over chicken.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Pour remaining sauce mixture over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer. Spoon sauce over before serving.
Read NextRanch Cream Cheese Chicken