Paradise Mango Coconut Chicken
Paradise Mango Coconut Chicken is a recipe that you and your family are sure to enjoy! Take a break from those everyday chicken recipes you're used to, and give this one a try! You may not think coconut and mango belong in a chicken recipe, but that's where you'd be wrong. This easy chicken dinner recipe is simple to prepare and will bring some exciting new flavors to the dinner table. A delicious mango sauce contains spices like cumin, chili powder and smoked paprika, and then further marinated with lime juice, brown sugar, and jalapenos, among other ingredients. If there's one thing this recipe is not lost on, it's taste. Impress the family with a unique chicken dinner tonight!
- Coconut Mango Sauce:
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk (thicker is better)
- 1 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar (more or less depending on tastes)
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoke paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- For the Chicken:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Optional Garnish:
- lime wedges
- Sriracha to taste
For another zesty chicken recipe you'll love, try this5-Ingredient Honey Lime Chicken
Place all coconut mango sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until very smooth. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper, cook pieces are no longer pink. Add bell peppers, poblano peppers, and onion. Continue to cook until peppers are beginning to soften.
Stir in the Coconut Mango Sauce and continue cooking until the chicken is completely cooked and sauce is bubbly.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve over rice, sprinkle with cilantro. Lime wedges and Sriracha to garnish.
For fresh fruity salsa that is great for snacking or making part of the meal, try thisHomemade Mango Salsa Recipe