Country Oven Fried Chicken
This country oven-fried chicken recipe is not only delicious, it's better for you than a lot of other country fried chicken recipes. Why? Because it's made in the oven, not deep fried. It's super moist and delicious!
For more great chicken recipes, check out our collection of 23 Cheap and Easy Chicken Recipes:
Cooking Time1 hr 5 min
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1/2 to 3 pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Heat oven to 375F.
- In roasting pan melt butter in oven (4 to 6 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients except chicken.
- Dip chicken in melted butter, then coat with flour mixture.
- In same pan place chicken, skin side down.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes; turn chicken over.
- Continue baking for 30 to 35 minutes or until fork tender.
Read NextChicken a la King